Saturday, September 21, 2013

95 Days



One of the big items on our "fun" list that I mentioned earlier in the week was to spend more time with family and friends.  I decided that the best way to get some of my crafting done and get to spend time with friends was to combine the two.  So, a great friend, who is incredibly crafty herself, came over and we had a girls' dinner and craft night.  We shared in preparing the meal, and crafted while catching up with each other.  It was so much fun; a great way to get needed items done while enjoying a nice block of time.  I worked on Christmas items while she and my daughter worked on Halloween crafts.

I love to paint anything on any surface.  These snowman candles are an example.  I keep adding more snowmen and snow women to my collection because I really enjoy making these.  There's a multi-step process involved to do it correctly and keep the paint adhering to the wax, but it's well worth it.  So, now I am on my way to having a few items done.


If you would like to give one of these as a gift yourself, you can find them on my website at
http://www.yessy.com/stonemarstudio/holidaydeco.html

Here's what the back of the candles look like.  Love adding extra touches!





My daughter loves decorating for all the holidays as much as I do, and she is working through some of her Halloween projects.  She decided to do a duct tape jack-o-lantern and add details with a black Sharpie.  She loved how the Sharpie ran into the edges of the duct tape to give it a rough effect. She's very crafty herself.


I don't have a picture of the awesome Halloween craft my friend made.  I'm hoping she will send me a picture that I can add later.  She made small fabric covered witches hats that looked incredible.  The Halloween fabric was awesome.  I'm going to have to learn how to do them too.

It was a great evening spent eating well, laughing a lot and enjoying a little time crafting.  The shift in thinking in getting ready for the holidays seems to be paying off - at least for today.


95 days to go....

No comments:

Post a Comment