Saturday, September 28, 2013

88 Days


In the hustle and bustle of everyday life, it's easy to get caught up in our immediate needs and wants.  That's especially true during the holidays.  We usually try to do for others, but this year I want to be a little more conscious and intentional about helping others this Christmas.

So today I began making a list of charity programs in our area that are near and dear to my heart.  Those are the ones I want to focus on this Christmas, and make sure they don't get lost in the shuffle.  I highly recommend thinking about ways you can help others, especially around holiday time.  It doesn't have to be solely monetary donations, but help in other ways, such as delivering meals, donating food, or simply praying for those in need and those working to help them.

So, my list of groups I want to help this year has been made and is going into my trusty Christmas 2013 folder.  I'm hoping to come up with some creative ways to spread more Christmas joy this year, and I will blog about those later.

88 days to go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment