Tuesday, September 24, 2013

92 Days


I've been thinking about Christmases past, and which decorations I loved and which ones weren't my favorites.  I find that I tend to love the handmade, one of a kind pieces so much more than the mass produced ones (even though they are beautiful too).  I am hoping to carve out time to make a few new things to put around the house this holiday season.  I'm hoping I can talk my daughter into making a few new creations too.

I've been trying to find the perfect Christmas placemats or tablecloths for quite a while but haven't had much luck.  We tend to get tablecloths dirty quickly, and I just haven't found placemats that I like.  So, I decided to crochet a new set this year.  I'm adapting a motif pattern into a round placemat pattern in Christmas red.  I started the first placemat tonight and almost have it finished.  I am much better at short term projects that I can easily put down and pick back up.

Pictures tomorrow... I promise!

92 days to go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment