Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Painted Back Door



This summer has been a fun, busy one.  I will share art camp pictures, commission work pictures, art show pictures and more very soon. 


Today I wanted to share a project that is a special one for our house. For months I've wanted to do something to our back door to liven it up a bit.  It's been bothering me in its' blandness for some reason.  At the beginning of the summer I came up with the idea of painting the panels in the back door with some sort of blessing or thought that folks could see as they left our house.  However, time was not my friend this summer, and my "beginning of summer" project became my "get it done before school starts" project.


I found the Bible verse from Numbers 6:24 to be perfect for this door, "The Lord bless you and keep you".  The rest of the blessing in Numbers is beautiful too, but I thought this verse was perfect for our family and friends to see and know that they are loved and prayed for.  What a great reminder!


I have a few touch ups to do, but you'll get the general idea.  This project didn't take long, added much needed color and blessings to our home.



No comments:

Post a Comment