Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Sunday Walk



It doesn't seem to matter when Easter falls, Holy Week is always a stressful week for me.  My nerves are frayed, time seems to be working against me, and my emotions rise to the surface easily.  In years past I have reprimanded myself for not taking more time during Holy Week to stop, reflect and pause on the meaning of the week.  But the realization this year is different.


This year has been the same as all the others, except that I've decided that my stress and emotions during this week might be exactly what they should be.  This isn't supposed to be a calm, tidy week of reflection, but an honest look at the grittiness, unpredictability, loveliness and holiness of life.  Miracles don't happen in the best of times; they occur when we are at our lowest and need them the most.  In order to feel the exhilaration of Easter Sunday, we must take an honest look at our lives the rest of the week.


I debated going to a sunrise service this morning before our regular church service, but decided to do something different instead.  I took my camera and went on an Easter Sunday walk, to see the glory of God's creation on this beautiful morning.  There is so much comfort in knowing that God took so much care in the beauty that surrounds us and the beauty that is within us.


Here are a few pictures from my Easter walk this morning:















No comments:

Post a Comment