Tuesday, January 14, 2014






My latest painting is finally finished.  I'm enjoying the challenges of diving back into acrylics after spending many years painting mostly watercolors.  I've challenge myself to use a limited color palette to try to create a more uniform, serene feel to these paintings.




















That also presents challenges in finding the right composition, balance, etc. in the painting.  In this painting, I only used 4 colors to achieve the end result. 
























This was a fun, challenging painting to complete while testing out the acrylic waters.


I hope that you are trying something new and challenging too!












Unfortunately this site isn't letting me upload photos right now.  As soon as I can load it, I'll share the picture with you!



No comments:

Post a Comment